Board of Governors
|Faculty/School Councils||s.34(1)(d) Shall:
(1) establish faculty and school councils, and other bodies within the University,
(2) prescribe how they shall be constituted, and
(3) give them such powers/duties as the Senate deems expedient.
s.34(1)(ee) Shall consider all matters referred to it by a faculty council and communicate an opinion or action taken thereon to the faculty council.
s.34(1)(u) Shall exercise any power of a faculty or school council that the senate considers desirable to exercise.
|s.3 Establish and maintain such colleges, schools, institutes, faculties, departments, chairs and courses of instruction as to the Board seem meet.
s.16(1)(e) May determine upon and provide for
faculties, departments, chairs, lectureships, bursaries, scholarships, fellowships and prizes.
s.34(1)(1) Shall recommend to the Board the establishment of, or the abolition of, or any changes in faculties, constituent colleges, schools, institutes, departments, chairs, lectureships, bursaries, scholarships, fellowships and prizes.
s.34(1)(r) Shall make rules and regulations respecting academic awards.
|s.3 Establish and maintain such colleges, schools institutions, faculties, departments, chairs and courses of instruction as to the Board seem meet.
s.4(1)(o) UM may enter into agreements with any incorporated society or association in the province for the establishment and maintenance of a joint system of instruction.
s.4(1)(p) UM may:
(1) enter into agreements with any incorporated society or association in the province that has power to prescribe examinations for admission to, or registration upon the roll of, the society or association,
(2) conduct the examinations and report the results thereof,
(3) prescribe courses of study therefore and conduct related classes of instruction
(1) the instruction of their students in their courses by one or more UM faculties,
(2) the conduct of examinations by UM
(3) the degrees to be granted by UM to such students
(4) representation of incorporated university/college on the UM Senate and other UM academic bodies,
(5) the use and combining of facilities,
(6) other matters of mutual concern.
|s.34(1)(e) Shall receive, consider and determine on any proposal/
recommendation of any faculty or school council (or other body established by Senate) re: courses of study and related matters.
s.34(1)(f) and 34(2) Shall, of its own motion and without any recommendation consider and determine all courses of study and related matters - but before enacting any such regulation, it must be referred to the appropriate faculty or school council for consideration and report thereon.
s.34(1)(i) Shall provide for courses of study anywhere in Manitoba, and encourage/
s.34(1)(j) Shall have power to recognize courses of study given by other Manitoba colleges/universities not affiliated with UM, and admit students (who have taken such courses of study) to UM examinations.
s.34(1)(p) Shall determine the dates for the beginning and ending of lectures each UM term.
s.34(1)(t) Shall determine procedures/policy re: lecturing and teaching on U premises by persons other than UM staff members.
(1) determine conditions on which candidates shall be received for examinations
(2) appoint examiners
(3) determine the conduct/results of examinations
|s.34(1)(b) Shall determine;
(1) degrees (including) honorary degrees, diplomas and certificates) to be granted by the University, and (2) the persons to whom they shall be granted.
s.34(1)(c) Shall determine the conditions of matriculation and entrance, the standing to be allowed students entering the University and related matters.
|UM Calendars||s.34(1)(k) Shall prepare the UM calendars for publication.|
s.35 May designate as an associated college any incorporated college with which UM enters into an agreement for the management and conduct of the libraries
|s.34(1)(q) Shall make rules and regulations for the management and conduct of the libraries.
s.34(3) May recommend that UM enter into an agreement with an incorporated university or college for the management and conduct of the libraries (and the terms of the agreement).
|Convocation||s.41 Members of Board are also members of Convocation.||s.41 Members of Senate are also members of Convocation.
s.43 Senate by resolution fix dates for meetings of convocation.
|Colleges||s.3 Establish and maintain such colleges, schools, institutes, faculties, departments, chairs and courses of instruction as to the Board may seem meet.
s.4(1)(n) UM may affiliate with the University any college established in the province for the promotion of arts and science, or for instruction in law, medicine, engineering, agriculture, or in any other useful branch of learning, and dissolve any such affiliation.
(1) enter into an affiliation with any other college or university (except re: theology or divinity); or
(2) consent to the dissolution with the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
|s.34(1)(l) Shall recommend to the Board the establishment of, or the abolition of, or any changes in....constituent college...
(1) affiliation or association with the UM of any Manitoba College.
(2) dissolution of any affiliated or associated Manitoba colleges.