Immigration Services

The Provost and Vice-President (Academic)'s office will provide immigration information to non-Canadian employees who are joining or already employed at the University of Manitoba.   This includes the process to acquire authorization to work in Canada, as well as the process to obtain permanent residency. 

Temporary Foreign Worker Program (LMIA)

Effective June 23, 2014Employment and Social Development Canada / Service Canada announced major changes to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and the hiring of skilled workers. The changes with respect to the hiring of Foreign Academic are outlined below:

 1. Employers must now pay $1,000 for each position requested (previously $275) to
     cover the cost of processing a labour market opinion.

 2. Completion of the new Labour Market Impact Assessment Application High-Wage and Low-Wage Positions (EMP5602), available on
     Service Canada's website.

Related Resources:

Labour Market Impact Assessment Application High-Wage and Low-Wage Positions (EMP5602)
(if you are having difficulties viewing the form, please open in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat and save the file first)

Additional Immigration Forms