Accident Reporting and Worker's Compensation

Accident Reporting

In Canada, workers compensation is a system of compulsory no-fault insurance for workplace injuries. In Manitoba, the legislation is called The Workers Compensation Act. All staff at the University are covered under this system.

If you are an injured worker:

If you are the supervisor of an injured worker:

For Serious Incidents as defined by Workplace Safety and Health:  

For Physical Plant workers and supervisors :  


CCOHS Accident Investigation Reference Guide (Adobe pdf)

If you need assistance, contact the Occupational Health Coordinator by email at or by phone at 204-474-6438.