CultureNet Training WorkshopsMaking the Electronic Highway Work for You
Managing electronic information in Canadian cultural organizations
The CCA and the Cultural Human Resources Council, in conjunction with CultureNet, are presenting one-day workshops on the electronic highway, aimed specifically at Canada's cultural sector. These sessions, to be held in a number of centres across the country, will promote the value of digital information and offer solutions for using information more efficiently within a cultural organization. They will cover general principles as well as practical instruction with real-world examples.
The workshops will provide:
You will also learn broad-based technical skills to enable you to:
- a general overview of Internet resources for the cultural sector
- an introduction to CultureNet's services and projects
- the use of electronic conferencing
- the use of database technology
- the use of CultureNet databases - the Master Directory, the Directory of Canadian Cultural Sites on the WWW, and the Events Calendar.
The workshops will be given by Sherri Helwig, CultureNet's Training and Support Coordinator, who has worked in the cultural sector for many years and been an associate with CultureNet since 1995.
- enhance daily organizational functions
- promote cultural products and services
- develop your own technology projects
Please note that workshop size will be limited to twenty participants. A nominal registration fee of $50 (plus GST) per person is payable by cheque, Visa or MasterCard.
To register for the workshop in your area, please complete the online form at the CultureNet site http://www.culturenet.ca/workshops/
CultureNet Training Workshops
Canadian Conference of the Arts
189 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa, ON K1N 6P1
Tel (613) 238-3561
Fax (613) 238-4849
Copyright © 1997 the Manitoba Library Association. Reproduction for personal use is permitted only if this copyright notice is maintained. Any other reproduction is prohibited without permission.
The Manitoba Library Association
TABLE OF CONTENTS FOR THIS ISSUE
AUTHORS | TITLES | MEDIA REVIEWS | BOOKSHELF | BACK ISSUES | SEARCH | HOME