*Note: It is required that applicants identify an advisor who has agreed to supervise the applicant's research program. Please refer to the Department of Oral Biology research profiles page for list of potential advisors, and contact information.
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
The program is designed for students who wish to pursue a research-intensive program of graduate training in Oral Biology leading to the degrees of M.Sc. or Ph.D.
The Department of Oral Biology is responsible for teaching all undergraduate and graduate courses in Oral Biology in the Faculty of Dentistry. This responsibility ensures that the members of the department have a wide range of expertise in the basic biological sciences. Admissions to our MSc or PhD Graduate programs depend upon the availability of a potential supervisor.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application online using UMGradConnect. All supporting documentation listed below can be submitted using your UMGradConnect account:
1. A completed application. Please indicate the name of the advisor who has agreed to supervise. Failure to identify an advisor will result in rejection of the application. Advisors' contact information is on the Department of Oral Biology research profiles page.
2. Application fee of $100 in Canadian (or equivalent US) currency.
3. Official academic transcript(s). You can scan and upload your transcripts directly through the online application; transcripts sent directly from the institution are not required until you have been admitted.
4. 2-3 current letters of reference (note: reference letter requests are sent to referees through the online system).
5. Curriculum Vitae or Resumé.
6. Statement of Intent indicating your scientific background and research interests (one paragraph).
7. English Language Test Score (if applicable, see umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/english_exemption_list.html). The score cannot be older than 2 years.
For International students, the process usually takes 4-6 months from the date of submission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, while for Canadian applicants the procedure is 2-3 months. The fee structure is different for Canadians ($4200 for year 1) and International applicants ($8249 for year 1). More information about the fee structure can be found at Student Affairs - Registrar's Office. Should the GPA of an International student be greater than 3.5 they may be eligible to receive a scholarship ($4000 for year 1 only). More information is available at Faculty of Graduate Studies - International Student Funding.
Please check the University of Manitoba Academic Calendar for current course offerings and program requirements for Oral Biology. Students may also be required to take courses offered by other departments in the University, if these are relevant to their studies.
*If you are interested in applying for any of the Dentistry Graduate programs, please visit the U of M Faculty of Graduate Studies website for further information.
|For more inquiries, please contact:|
|Graduate Programs in Oral Biology|
D33 Dental Building
Canada, R3E 0W2