The Faculty of Pharmacy is an institution that will create an educational environment that facilitates the integration of pharmacy scholarship in the areas of practice, research and service to effect optimal health outcomes for individuals and communities, and the advancement of the profession of pharmacy.
In striving to fulfill this mission the Faculty is dedicated to—
Preparing competent graduates from both undergraduate and post-graduate programs who:
- demonstrate confidence in their abilities to take responsibility for their role in optimizing the health status of society;
- demonstrate the practical and professional application of knowledge, skills, and attitudes;
- are critical thinkers;
- demonstrate professionalism in the values, ethics and attitudes reflected in their practice;
- demonstrate skills and processes of active life-long learners.
Ensuring that ownership and responsibility for the Faculty’s educational outcomes are widely shared by both internal and external stakeholders:
- Students share responsibility for their own academic and professional development;
- Students are involved in the definition of education outcomes, curriculum development, evaluation and professional activities;
- Faculty, staff, preceptors and students work collaboratively to achieve the mission of the Faculty;
- All stakeholders are aware of curriculum components, research programs and governance/accountability structures, as well as the goals and outcomes achieved by each.
Collaborating with the profession to enhance the continuing competence of pharmacy practitioners in Manitoba.
Fostering a reciprocal relationship with graduates to advance both the education program and the development of the profession.
Working with all stakeholders to proactively influence health care system innovation, change and reform to optimize the health status of society.
Encouraging collaborative models of research that support the strategic direction of the Faculty.
Implementing transparent structures, systems and processes to manage and support ongoing change in both internal and external environments, including regular evaluation and feedback from stakeholders on the achievement of the Faculty mission.