PARTICIPANTS OF THE WORKSHOP:
Workshop "Microscopy, Optics and Imaging"
Winnipeg, November 15 to 20, 2010
1. Carl Olson (Regenerative Medicine Program, University of Manitoba)
2. Dr. Mojgan Rastegar (Regenerative Medicine Program, University of Manitoba)
3. Robby Zachariah (Regenerative Medicine Program, University of Manitoba)
4. Barbara Iwasiow (Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba)
5. Jacquie Schwartsz (Biology of Breathing Group, Manitoba Institute of Child Health, University of Manitoba)
6. Dr. Marianela Lopez (Research and Development Department, Cangene Corporation, Winnipeg)
7. Jon-Jon Santiago (Institute of Cardiovascular Science, St. Boniface)
8. Alexander Yitbarek (Department of Animal Science, University of Manitoba)
9. Dr. Raouf Afshin (Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba)
Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) on interphase cells using the LSI Myc dual color, break apart rearrangement probe (Vysis) to detect a translocation involving c-myc (t8;14).
A) Jurkat cells (no translocation)
B) RAJI cells (translocation).
Dr. Sabine Mai (University of Manitoba) and Dr. Regen Drouin (University of Sherbrooke, Quebec)
Darryl Dyck, Carl Zeiss Canada Ltd.
Dr. Iain Johnson, Invitrogen.
Dr. Ulrich Klingbeil, Metasystems
Dr. Angelika Dawson, Head of Cytogenetics Laboratory, Diagnostic Services of Manitoba and Depts. Biochemistry and Medical Genetics & Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba.
Dr. Reena Ray.
Bench work in the lab.
Learning microscopy at the Genomic Centre for Cancer Research and Diagnosis
The basics of microscopy
Hands-on learning microscopy at the Genomic Centre
Last updated December 26, 2010.