Application Procedures - Inbound Exchange Students

Application Procedures

To come on exchange to the University of Manitoba you must be enrolled at one of our partner institutions. Your home university must first nominate you to go on exchange, so you will need to contact them for details on the application procedure.

Your application will be reviewed by our office and then be sent to the faculty/faculties in which you wish to take courses for approval. Admission to certain faculties is limited.  Please check with the Exchange Coordinator before submitting your application.

If you are accepted, an acceptance letter will be sent to your home university's exchange office.

Application Deadlines

April 1:  for September start date
September 1:  for January start date
January 1:  for May/ June start date

Application Steps

  1. Contact your exchange coordinator at your home university and receive nomination from your university.
  2. Complete the Application for Exchange Student Admission. Make sure to include the required documents: English Proficiency Test Results and Official Transcripts.
  3. Most exchange students choose to live on campus in one of the University of Manitoba's residences. If you are interested please complete the online application for residence accommodation
  4. Submit your Application for Exchange Student Admission, English Proficiency Test Results, and Official Transcripts to:

Student Exchange Office
International Centre
University of Manitoba
541 University Centre
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2

Please send us a copy by fax or Email prior to mailing your original documents.

Fax: 1-204-474-7562