Study Abroad

The University of Manitoba has over 100 Exchange Programs in 30 countries, providing our students with study abroad options around the world.  You can choose to take part of your studies at universities in other countries as an international student. Learn more about U of M's Exchange Programs at:  Some universities offer language and culture programs, or other short term options for foreign students. Visit the World W.I.S.E. Resource Centre for more information on short term study abroad opportunities.

You can study abroad on U of M travel study courses offered through Extended Education.

If you wish to study abroad on a short term basis you may apply to have courses transferred back to your UM degree program. You will need to submit an Application for a Letter of Permission to the Registrar’s Office. You can find this form on the Registrar’s Office website.

Things to Consider

  • You are required to pay the institution offering the program directly. You may also be required to pay a foreign student fee. Courses taken at other universities are not guaranteed to be transferred back to the U of M and may not apply towards your degree.
  • All arrangements for studying abroad, travel, accommodations, etc. are primarily your responsibility as a student.
  • You may, depending on the institution, receive help and support from an international students' office at the host institution
  • If you are looking for a more affordable option, with support from a U of M exchange advisor and funding, consider the International Centre Exchange Program.