Title: John A. Russell fonds.
Extent: 0.01 m of textual records.
Biographical sketch: John A. Russell became a professor for the Department of Architecture in 1928. When the School of Architecture was organized in 1945, J.A. Russell was appointed Director. He became Dean of Architecture in 1963 when the School of Architecture was raised to the status of a faculty. He served as Dean of the Faculty of Architecture until his death in 1966.
Custodial history: The fonds was previously classified as the Faculty of Architecture fonds (UA SC 40) but was reclassified as the John A. Russell fonds (MSS SC 182) to more accurately reflect its provenance.
Scope and content: The fonds consists of a scrapbook of clippings from Winnipeg newspapers relating to John A. Russell's service with the University of Manitoba Faculty of Architecture and to the community during his tenure as Dean.
Source of supplied title: Title based on provenance of fonds.
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this material.
Finding aid: Finding aid is currently unavailable.