Title: University Club of Winnipeg fonds.
Extent: 0.05 m of textual records.
Administrative history: The University Club of Winnipeg was formed in 1913. Membership was open to male university graduates living in Winnipeg. The object of the club was to bring together the university men of the community. Each member was charged an initial fee of $50 and an additional $25 in annual dues. Judge Cameron was elected permanent Chairman in 1913. The club planned to purchase and renovate the Major Bell house at the corner of Carlton and York Streets. On December 18, 1914, W. Sanford Evans, President and Jasper Halpenny, M.D., Secretary, issued a notice stating that plans for the club and club quarters were on hold until the war ended. There is no evidence that the club was ever revived.
Custodial history: The fonds was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by Professor C.M. Jones in 1978.
Scope and content: The fonds consists of University Club of Winnipeg materials dating from September 1913 and June 1914 including the act of incorporation, constitution, minute books, and correspondence.
Source of supplied title: Title based on provenance of fonds.
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this material.
Finding aid: Finding aid is currently unavailable.