CM Magazine: The Little Math Puzzle Contest
The Little Math Puzzle Contest
Man seeks order and pattern in all things
Be ready to change your paradigm.
What are the next two numbers in this pattern?
9, 7, 8, 6, 7, 5, 6, 4, ____, ____
Send your response by 8:00 a.m., Friday, April 12 to:
Puzzle #27 was the following:
What is the next number in this series?
16, 23, 28, 38, 49, 62, 70, 77, 91, _____
The answer to Puzzle #27 is:
The answer is 101 and the pattern is digit sums:
to go from 16 to 23 you add 7 which is the sum of the digits 1 + 6.
The Winners -- Solvers of Puzzle #27
- Ashley Nowlan 9B - Mrs.Smith's grade 9
North and South Esk Regional High School - Sunny Corner
- John Cormier, grade 5
Claude D Taylor School - Riverview, New Brunswick.
- Dap Duong, grade 6
Lincoln Centennial School - St. Catharines, ONT.
- Jun Allard - grade 7
Birchmount school - Moncton, NB.
- Kristie McCue, Jon Philpott, Jer Atkinson, Tiffany Lodoen,
Michelle Woolsey Grade 4
Piper Creek School - Red Deer AB
- Matthew Fletcher
Sacred Heart Hight School - Newmarket Ontario.
- RACHEL BERNARD, KELLIE CHARLTON, BRADLEY DUGUAY, MELISSA GRENIER,
ANDREW LAW, BRIAN MCGRATH, AMANDA MURRAY, AMY POLLOCK, IAN MACDONALD
class 6-1 Mrs.Duguay`s class
Campbellton Middle School
- Leigh Perkins and 6/7 J.
K.V.M.S. - Burtts Corner, N.B.
- Heather Burkett, Kaitlin Boone, Jenna Rotz, Sheryl Saliba,
Erika Seelenbinder, Miriam Ferhut, Jessica Wilkerson, Brittany Hilker
Fourth Graders in Mrs. Seltzer's class
Indian Lakes Elementary School - Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Kyla Holloway - Madame Scaplen's Gr.6 class.
- Sacred Heart - Marystown, Newfoundland
- Jovana Tomanic
- Jaelyn Ford, Lisa Guest and Greg Hart - Grade Six Students
Lakeview Elementary School - Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
- Maggie Kurzela, Tess F.-K., David Lawson, Adam Solomon
- Brad Webb grade 4.
Stanley Elem. - Stanley ,NB
- Valerie Webber 6A
Keswick Valley Memorial School - Burtts Corner, NB
- Mike Daly, Daniel Wise, Adam Ansell & Adam Rudolph from 6W
Yorkhill Elementary School - Onward to Excellence - Thornhill, Ontario
- Allison, Meaghan, Rosalie - grade 5/6, Mr.White's class
Brooklyn District School - Newport, N.S.
- Gemma Pippy, Brittany Janzen - Grade 4
Piper Creek Elementary School - Red Deer AB
- Chris Alward - Grade 8
Nelson Rural School - Miramichi,N.B.
- Sheila Chin & Claudio Tata - T. Burnie's Grade 7/8 class
St Ann School - Toronto, Ontario
- NORMA GENE JONES 6/7 J.
Burtts Corner, N.B. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Roxie. email@example.com
Andrea Pollock and Alex Nazarov
Royal West Academy, Montreal West, Quebec.
Information about the Little Math Puzzle Contest.
Copyright © 1996 the Manitoba Library Association.
Reproduction for personal use is permitted only if this copyright notice is
maintained. Any other reproduction is prohibited without permission.
The Manitoba Library Association
CONTENTS FOR THIS ISSUE |