Lutheran Youth Facilitator:
Rev. Tyler Gingrich
Location: Room 102E, University Centre
What We Do | Luther Lingo | Chewsdays | Off Campus
Exam Time | Ecumenical Events | Contact Us
- Office Hours -- Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Drop-In -- Students are welcome to drop by for conversation, to join others at lunch, or meet with members of the Chaplaincy Team during their posted hours.
- Amenities -- We have a microwave, coffee pot, and a fridge!!
What we do -- The Chaplaincy Team is here for you if...
- You are new to the campus and want a friendly place to relax and meet friends
- You want to talk about almost anything
- You are experiencing difficulties in an important relationship, or with studies.
- You are struggling with your sense of meaning, purpose, or direction in life.
- Your studies are raising important questions for your faith
- You have questions about sexual intimacy
- The activities of friends seem to be in conflict with your values.
- You want to explore a vocation or calling in ministry
- You are concerned about world issues such as justice, peace, racism, sexism, etc.
- You are depressed or feel like giving up
- A friend is experiencing a crisis and you feel helpless, or you need support.
- You are questioning some of your values, or those of your family or church
- You are worried about your use of alcohol or drugs
- Someone you know dies or attempts suicide
- You are excited about something that has happened in your life.
Where 2 or 3 are gathered…
We are called to experience communion with God through our relationships with one another and through devoting ourselves to the study of Scripture. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, God breathes upon us with the Breath of life. Check the bulletin board in the office for details.
Chewy Chewsdays Lunch Hour
Chewy Chewsdays are opportunities to meet new people and share in discussions. This is an informal gathering held jointly with other denominations.
The fixings for sandwiches, desserts, and beverages are supplied.
Meet in Room 102 X, University Centre between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Happenings Off Campus
- Youth & Campus Worship Services
Informal worship services are led by students, youth, and the chaplain on the third Sunday (7:00 p.m.), October - April. Check the bulleting board in the office for details. The worship is open to the wider community as well. Please bring friends.
- Services Off-Campus
A number of congregations in Winnipeg are now offering contemporary worship services. Please check the local churches for their contemporary worship schedules. MTS Yellow Page Listing of Lutheran Churches in Winnipeg area.
During the exam schedules the office can be open in the evenings (in addition to daytime hours): Please contact our Administrative Secretary, Sabina Loewen, Room 102Y if you would like to make use of the office for study purposes.
The Joint Chaplaincy Association would like to invite you to attend our monthly gatherings of food, fellowship, and spiritual care.