How the Student Advocacy office can help you:
- Offer support if you encounter a challenge or have a concern or complaint as a student at the University of Manitoba
- Inform you of your rights and responsibilities.
- Provide you with information to help you understand your options and to assist you in the next steps.
- If necessary, help you prepare written request or appeal letters, and attend subsequent meetings or hearings.
- After a decision is made about your situation, the Student Advocate can help you understand what it means and discuss what your options are.
- Refer you to other support services, as needed (e.g. Student Counselling Centre, Academic Learning Centre, Human Rights and Advisory Services).
Why you should seek support from the Student Advocacy office:
- It is your right to obtain advice and to have representation.
- You will be better prepared to respond to an allegation or appeal a decision made against you and to participate in the process than if you prepared and attended on your own.
- You will be supported before, during and after the process.
- We will work to ensure that you are treated fairly by the University and involved offices