Academic Advisors are available:
For drop in advising:
Monday to Friday
9:30 am to 3:30 pm
University 1 First Year Centre
205 Tier Building
By phone: (204) 474-6209
Please note: No advisors will be available after 2:30 pm on Thursday, November 9th, 2017.
Advisors in the First Year Centre are available to assist any first year student, regardless of faculty or program.
Academic advising is an integral part of your success in first year. Academic advisors help you transition to university and navigate the responsibilities and opportunities available to you in this new environment. Make the most of your time at university by regularly checking in with your advisor throughout the year.
Academic Advisors offer assistance with:
- course selection and degree planning for one or multiple programs
- building an educational plan to help with the progression of your program
- ensuring you meet the application requirements of your target faculty
- connections and referrals to appropriate campus resources
- monitoring academic progress and making recommendations for improvements when needed
- guidance and advice about enhancing your degree experience with co-curricular, volunteer, research and other opportunities
- interpretation and advice on university and faculty rules, regulations and requirements
Registration Advisors offer assistance with:
- Aurora Student Registration system
- Processing course permission forms
- Referrals to services available on campus
- General inquiries
Registration Advisors are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm