Revision Date: August 2005
Classification: Storekeeper 2
Hay Point Range: 181 – 231
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
Incumbents at this level are responsible for the overall stores operation for a medium sized storeroom or a central stores area. The incumbents plan the daily work schedule and work independently, general supervision being available from administrators or academics when required; supervision may be given to employees of a more junior level.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing supplies and equipment.
- May be responsible for the ordering of supplies and equipment directly from suppliers or through the University purchasing department.
- Is responsible for the control and security of stock within a specific area.
- May be responsible for authorization of payment for supplies.
- Is responsible for maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment and related records.
- Inspects goods received regarding shortages or breakage.
- Stores and transports corrosive, explosive, flammable, or toxic chemicals.
- Ship goods from one location to another via commercial transportation systems or University messenger service.
- Is responsible for the assembly of or minor repairs and adjustments to equipment received.
- Estimates departmental supplies and equipment needs and maintains a reasonable stock on hand.
- Is required to obtain knowledge of and comply with safety policies applicable to the workplace.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The minimum qualifications necessary for acceptable (satisfactory) job performance are:
Level of Formal Education
High school completion with job-related options plus three years of directly-related experience.
- Three years of directly-related experience, which for some positions includes the safe storage and transportation of chemicals.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to relate well with staff members, students, and the general public.
- Ability to supervise and train subordinate employees where this is a responsibility of the position.
- Ability to organize and maintain accurate records.
- Must know how to safely handle chemicals and equipment.
Physically capable of performing the duties as assigned, which may include moderate to heavy lifting.
This class specification is intended to illustrate the characteristics of this classification level and should not be interpreted as a description of any one individual position within this classification level.