Revision Date: August 2005
Classification: Office Assistant 1
Hay Point Range: 101 – 126
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
This is the introductory level of positions providing office assistance through the performance of basic clerical duties. Positions are similar in that the work is quickly learned and tasks are performed according to well established routines. For some positions, familiarity with basic computing skills may be required. Incumbents may require initial close supervision during their training period. Once trained they may be expected to perform with general supervision only. The supervision of others is not a requirement; however, incumbents may be required to assist in the introductory training of new employees at the same level.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes mail which can include: picking up, opening, date stamping, recording, sorting and distributing mail.
- Provides delivery/messenger service.
- Provides routine clerical duties which can include: receiving forms, checking them for accuracy and completeness, matching, sorting, distributing forms and documents, posting data records, making simple computations, preparing routine summaries of information, processing orders, etc.
- Performs filing and routine record keeping.
- Provides routine data entry functions.
- Performs receptionist duties for an area, receiving, screening and referring visitors and calls, taking messages, providing routine information providing for and receiving courier packages.
- Performs basic word processing for correspondence, form letters, forms, labels, envelope mailings, examinations, etc.
- Assists with general office duties which may include: operation of duplicating equipment, fax machine, maintaining office supplies, etc.
- Assists in receiving, storing and pricing of stock, monitor, stock, and clean shelves.
- Performs basic customer service duties which may include: attend customer wicket with responsibility for sale of stamps and money orders, and for the registration of parcels and letters, provide information to customers in person and over the telephone.
- Provides general assistance in support of special events including: setup/take down venue, attend ticket booth, provide security, announce at events, record statistics, counting monies.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
The minimum qualifications necessary for acceptable (satisfactory) job performance are:
Level of Formal Education
- Completion of a formal training program of studies in a related discipline from a recognized institution plus some additional directly related experience.
- or –
- One year directly related experience.
An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in harmony with others and provide assistance to staff, students and the public.
- Ability to follow instructions and handle a variety of clerical duties.
- Some positions require familiarity with basic functions of computer software applications such as Windows/OS, word processing, web browser, and email, able to copy, move, and delete files and folders, able to open applications, update and save files.
- Some positions require basic customer service skills and previous experience in dealing with the public.
- Appropriate communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Capable of performing the duties as assigned.
This class specification is intended to illustrate the characteristics of this classification level and should not be interpreted as a description of any one individual position within this classification level.