Do you have 10 or more team members who would benefit from taking this program? Many of our open enrolment programs can be customized for your team and delivered exclusively to your organization. Find out more about our custom programs by contacting us today at 204-946-0232 or via email at ExecEdInfo@umanitoba.ca.
Why this program?
Among employees and their employers there is a demand to create workplaces where every individual feels welcomed, valued, and respected for who they are and their contributions, no matter their gender, age, sexual orientation, race, physical abilities, work experience, or education. In other words, the time is now to create a truly inclusive organization.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group, Inclusive Leadership provides highly relevant knowledge on the topic of diversity and inclusion, accompanied by powerful tools you can use to transform this knowledge into practice.
In Inclusive Leadership, you get exactly that. Through a dynamic mixture of self-directed learning and live instructor-led sessions, you will build a greater understanding and deeper conviction to inspire change with every module. By the end of which you will have covered the basics of the topic, defined who is responsible for diversity and inclusion, learned what it means to adopt an inclusion mindset, practiced inclusive communication, and worked alongside your peers and facilitator to apply it all. What this means is you will walk away not only educated and inspired, but ready to lead.
Through this program, you will learn what it takes to create an environment where every individual feels welcomed, valued, and respected for who they are and their contributions. By the end, you will have the knowledge and tools to:
- Understand the current landscape of diversity and inclusion
- Navigate the fast-changing norms and expectations around inclusion
- Clearly articulate your position on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Use inclusive language and appropriate terms in all communication
- Select the right medium for a communication
The Learning Experience
Participants will work through four learning modules consisting of videos, quizzes and a variety of interactive content that can be completed at your own pace. To solidify your learning, there will be four live scheduled facilitator-led sessions where you will have a chance to partake in group discussions, ask questions and receive feedback.
- Module 1: Why Inclusive Leadership Now?
- Module 2: Who is Responsible for Diversity and Inclusion?
- Module 3: Adopt an Inclusive Mindset
- Module 4: Practice Inclusive Communication
Winter 2022 session
- Module 1: Begins February 14, 2022
Live Session Thursday, February 17 | 9:00am - 10:00am (CST)
- Module 2: Begins February 21, 2022
Live Session Thursday, February 24 | 9:00am - 10:00am (CST)
- Module 3: Begins February 28, 2022
Live Session Thursday, March 3 | 9:00am - 10:00am (CST)
- Module 4: Begins March 7, 2022
Live Session Thursday, March 10 | 9:00am - 10:00am (CST)
- $1,195 +GST