Join us from your computer, tablet or phone for online guided workouts, fitness tips and tricks from our pros to keep you moving and staying active if you're at home.
Sport and Recreation Facilities and COVID-19
COVID-19 updates related to the UM Sport and Recreation facilities.
On this page:
COVID-19 protocols for sport and recreation facilities
Proof of vaccination no longer required
Effective May 4, proof of vaccination is no longer required on campus or to enter the UM Sport and Recreation facilities.
Masks are required indoors at all times but may be removed when participants are engaged in physical activity and while in their individual workout spaces in UM sport and recreation facilities. Movement in and between equipment/activities will require masking at all times.
The Active Living Centre and Joe Doupe Recreation Centre's fitness floors are at 100 percent capacity.
- Showers and lockers are available.
- Member towel service has resumed.
- The women's sauna is open, and construction on the men's sauna has begun.
Booking is no longer required
Effective May 4, members and students are no longer required to book activities and workouts for the UM Sport and Recreation facilities, with the following exceptions:
- Booking is still required for climbing, racquetball, squash, table tennis, tennis and cricket.
- All activities in the Max Bell Centre need to be booked (track, rec skate and stick and puck).
- 10-pass visit holders will still need to book all sports and recreation activities.
UM students update:
Sport and Rec Fee
The Sport and Rec Fee was approved by the University’s Board of Governors in 2011 and supports the UM’s commitment to active living, sport and recreation.
The Fee is mandatory and applied to all students’ tuition based on their status of part-time or full-time study, regardless of access to facilities as the fee is not a user fee. With the goal of universally promoting wellness across our campuses through access to programming, the decision was made to not allow for opting out.