Key Features and Benefits
Please submit a service request for all other requests concerning the wired network service.
Create an IT Ticket to request assistance.
To connect your laptop:
- Connect your laptop to a Network Login port and then power it on.
- Configure your machine to use DHCP.
- Release and renew your IP address.
- Start a modern web browser with pop-ups enabled (Internet Explorer is recommended for compatibility).
- Login using your UMNetID and password.
- You'll have access to the campus network after Network Login has authenticated you.
- To disconnect you will need to unplug the cable from the outlet, disable and then re-enable your network adapter or reboot your machine.
Costs may apply depending on service.