If you would like to purchase and activate a mobile device, follow these instructions:
1. Contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8600 or email email@example.com and request the Mobile Device purchase information.
2. You will be provided with a mobile purchase form and current pricing. Complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org who will process the request for you.
3. Most often the device will be delivered to the user or department, but in some cases it will be delivered to the IST Telecommunications Office at 138 Machray Hall and you will be notified to pick up the device at that location.
4. To set up email and calendar on your device, contact your IT support person or phone the Help & Solutions Centre at 204-474-8600. The voice and phone function will be activated upon receipt of the device.
5. The Bell Mobility dealer will email the invoice to the IST Telecommunications Office who will forward to your department. The department is responsible for payment of new hardware or accessories.
6. It is the department's responsibility to contact the Bell Mobility dealer with their Visa number to pay the amount owing.
7. Once the payment is processed, Bell Mobility will email a copy of the paid Visa slip directly to the person paying the invoice.
8. Monthly invoices are sent directly to, and paid by the IST Telecommunications Office. The office will charge the amount back to the appropriate department on their FOAP.
9. A file copy of the Bell monthly invoice is sent by email to one department contact (designated on the request form). This is for backup purposes only.
123 Fletcher Argue
Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
230 Neil John Maclean Library
Mon - Fri: 8am to 4:30pm
New! Submit requests & check ticket status online at: umanitoba.ca/ist/service_catalogue/