MSS SC 27
Title: Imperial Academy of Music & Arts fonds
Extent: 0.1 cm of textual records
Administrative History: The Imperial Academy of
Music and Arts was founded in 1909 with Professor Emil C. Erikson
as director and F.C.N. Kennedy as president. In 1910 and 1911 Dr.
Ralph Horner was its principal. The Academy was located at 44 Osborne
Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba 1909 through 1911. In 1912 its manager
was J. O'Donnell; in this year it was located at 290 Vaughan Street.
The Academy dissolved later that year.
Custodial History: Dr. Paul W. Paterson, Director
of the School of Music, donated the fonds to Archives & Special
Collections in 1978.
Scope and Content: The fonds consists of a program
entitled Concert by the Faculty of the Imperial Academy of Music
and Arts at the Royal Alexander Hotel, Saturday evening January
30, 1909 at 8:30. The performers were Milan Sokoloff, piano; Louis
Persinger, violin; George Soeller, flute; Alexander Savine, voice,
all of whom were accompanied by Fred M. Gee on the piano. Milan
Sokoloff earned a LL.B. from the University of Manitoba in 1928.
Source of Supplied Title: Title based on provenance
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this
Finding Aid: Finding aid is currently unvailable.