MSS SC 22
Title: University Club of Winnipeg fonds
Extent: 5 cm of textual records
Administrative History: The University Club of
Winnipeg was formed in 1913. Membership was open to male university
graduates living in Winnipeg. The object of the Club was to bring
together the University men of the community. Each member was charged
an initial fee of $50.00 and an additional $25.00 in annual dues.
Judge Cameron was elected permanent Chairman in 1913. The Club planned
to purchase and renovate the Major Bell house at the corner of Carlton
and York Streets. On 18 December 1914, W. Sanford Evans, president
and Jasper Halpenny, M.D., secretary, issued a notice stating that
plans for the Club and club quarters were on hold until the war
ended. There is no evidence that the Club was ever revived.
Scope and Content: The fonds consists of University
Club of Winnipeg materials dating from September 1913 and June 1914
including the act of incorporation, constitution, minute books,
Source of Supplied Title: Title based on provenance
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this
Finding Aid: Finding aid is currently unavailable.