Call Number: Mss Sc 98
Title: J.W. Carter fonds.
Extent: 0.01 m of textual records.
Biographical sketch: J.W. Carter was an employee
of the Department of Private Funding at the University of Manitoba.
Custodial history: The fonds was donated to University
of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by J.W. Carter in
Scope and content: The fonds consists of a three-page
history of the Bison Building, which once stood on the campus of
the University of Manitoba. It was written by J.W. Carter for the
Department of Private Funding. The building was originally built
as a double hangar for the Royal Canadian Air Force. It was moved
to the University of Manitoba in 1948 and served for a short while
as Students' Union Building, after which it was rechristened the
Source of supplied title: Title based on provenance
Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this
Accruals: No further accruals to this fonds are
Finding aid: Finding aid is currently unavailable.