21, PC 17
Title: Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences,
Department of Agricultural Engineering series
Extent: 0.9 m of textual records. -- 93 photographs.
-- 9 negatives.
Administrative History: The Department of Agricultural
Engineering was established under the title Mechanics and Engineering
when the Agricultural College opened in 1906. In 1910 Professor
L.J. Smith suggested the name the Department of Agricultural Engineering.
After the separation of the diploma and degree courses ca. 1920,
the chief teaching work was with diploma students. The Agricultural
Mechanics option, which had been discontinued for many years, was
reestablished in 1951. The name of the department has been changed
to the Department of Biosystems Engineering.
Custodial History: The Department transferred
records to Archives & Special Collections in 1988 and 1990.
Scope and Content: The series consists of departmental
council minutes, correspondence, budgets, annual reports, research
project reports, Department of Agricultural Engineering Annual Reports,
research grants, and operating budgets. Also included are files
relating to the Agricultural Engineering Departmental Council and
the Faculty of Agriculture Council. Both colour and black and white
photographs and negatives are located in PC 17.
Restrictions: Files labeled "Restricted"
contain confidential information and are not available for research
without the permission of Archives & Special Collections.
Finding Aid: Printed finding aid is available
in Archives & Special Collections reading room and on-line finding
aid is available at the link below.
UA 21, PC 17,
TC 11 (A.80-06, A.81-16, A.82-44, A.82-46, A.82-47, A.83-08, A.83-13,
A.88-01, A.88-02, A.88-03, A.88-04, A.88-05, A.88-06, A.88-07, A.88-08,
A.88-47, A.88-49, A.89-37, A.89-38, A.89-43, A.89-44, A.90-01, A.90-41,
A.90-67, A.90-74, A.90-75, A.91-11, A.92-34, A.93-07, A.93-12, A.93-61)