Faculty of Arts. Department of Classics, est. 1914
Faculty of Arts. Department of Classics fonds, 1929-1983
0.07 m of textual records (3 files)
While the teaching of classical studies was a part of the University
of Manitoba curriculum from its inception, it was not until 1914
that a Department of Classics was established. The Department combined
the Chairs of Greek and Latin and also undertook teaching in Hebrew
and Scripture through the affiliated colleges.
This collection, covering the years 1929 to 1983, includes student
enrolment statistics, annual reports, course outlines, departmental
minutes and correspondence, as well as the register for the classes
taught by Dr. E.G. Berry from 1940 to 1980.
Contact the Archives for details on specific accessions