0.4 m of textual records (3 boxes)
The University Press was established in 1945 to fulfil the need
to acquire scarce textbooks during World War II. The University
Press bought the rights to re-print books under the University emblem.
In 1967, when the Press began the publication of Mosaic, an inter-disciplinary
literary periodical, it became necessary for the Press to register
as a printing service. Policies of the University Press were determined
by an editorial committee appointed by the President and consisting
of university staff and a representative of the Alumni Association.
The Vice-President (Academic) was the Chairman and the Director
served as Secretary.
The collection containing records of University Press Director
G. W. Leckie, 1967 to 1971, consists of drafts of manuscripts, working
files, correspondence, and financial records.
Open to all researchers
Finding aid available