The International Centre supports faculty members and staff with all aspects of international mobility programs, including program initiation, implementation and data management. We work with all types of international mobility, including student exchange, faculty and staff mobility, and international experiential education.
If you are interested in developing a mobility program, we can help you to:
- Identify opportunities: by providing information on potential funding sources and international partner institutions.
- Negotiate agreements: upon receiving a Request for Agreement (hyperlink) from an interested faculty member, we work with the international partner institution to develop any required contracts, such as student exchange agreements.
- Manage data: our office manages international contracts and other mobility data in the MoveOn database. We automatically notify you before contracts are about to expire, in time to renew them.
Contact: International Partnership Officer for the region.
When an agreement is in place, we can provide a variety of services. These include:
- Pre-Departure Orientation: we provide pre-departure training sessions on request for students traveling internationally. These sessions include information on travel risk, health and safety, intercultural competency, and ethical community engagement. An online pre-departure course is also in development, in collaboration with Service-Learning and the Centre for Advancement in Teaching and Learning.
- Travel Safety: our office offers detailed information on travel safety in the areas you will be visiting, as well as advice on minimizing personal risks. We can also help you access pre-departure information and emergency response services from International SOS, the University of Manitoba’s 24/7 international medical and security services provider. International SOS provides a variety of services, from lost document advice and assistance to emergency evacuations.
- MoveOn: as the institutional coordinators of the MoveOn mobility database, we can help you to train you to use the database to streamline processes for your mobility programs, facilitate data collection, and manage risks. We can also connect you to the technical team to have your program put into the MoveOn database.
- Contact: Breanne Guiboche, International Engagement Officer, 204-474-6736
Other Administrative Services
On request, we can provide other administrative services for programs like exchange. These include: coordination of student interviews, student selection, partner management and seat negotiation, student training and student support overseas.
Contact: Naomi Fujiwara, Student Exchange Coordinator, 204-474-7261.