University of Manitoba Technology Transfer Office (TTO) goals
- Oversee intellectual property (IP) at the University of Manitoba
- Manage technology-based alliances with local and global partners
- Facilitate research partnership with local and global industries
- Enable start-up ventures
- Support interactions between the university, industry and community partners
Increase knowledge mobilization between the University of Manitoba and commercial partners (industries & community).
"The Pull and Push Model"
PULLS NEEDS FROM THE OUTSIDE
- Promotes industry/academic collaborations by understanding industry challenges
PUSHES TECHNOLOGIES FROM THE INSIDE
- Oversees intellectual property development for researchers
- Works in the best interest of the inventors to protect their discovery
- Guides researchers through the communication process of their inventions and the development of a marketing strategy