1. Provide direct entry options to U1 and faculties, allowing progression to professional programs based on interest, decidedness, and academic preparedness.
2. Academic units have progression timeline options to guide students to degree completion.
3. Provide transition and orientation tools, activities, and events to assist students to navigate, learn, and use the University’s culture, systems, and resources.
4. Provide access to standards of ethical behaviour, including academic integrity, codes of conduct, and professional conduct (not exclusive to the items listed).
5. Provide a dedicated web-based information hub of non-academic support, information, guidance and resources.
6. UM website includes experiential learning and extra-curricular activities.
Advisors of the University of Manitoba are found in each of the faculties/units. They will assist you as you enter the university, as you navigate the options and choices that open up to you, and work with you to develop the skills and abilities that will help you make the most of your time at the university. Advisors will describe the options that are available to you throughout your time as a student.
Advisors will point you in the directions of important resources that can be consulted as you make important decisions for your future. Advisors can assist you with the responsibilities and opportunities that are available to you in this environment. Thinking about your academic preparation is an important part of the process, and this website provides you with links and resources you will find useful.
University Advising Services Coordinator
204 Tier Building
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada