What is your budget after tuition fees, books, transportation, food and clothing expenses are considered?

The University of Manitoba offers on campus living in residence options mostly to second year students. Please follow the links below to learn more about living in residence. Living in residence is convenient but costly.

Mary Speechly and Tache Hall are available to first year students. Deposits are due early.

There are many options for living off campus.

There are furnished rooms available in people’s homes that live near the U of M.

There are many unfurnished apartments close to bus routes/driving routes to the U of M as well.  

Some apartments will require references and a co-signer on the lease.  

If you are able to come to the university campus, some students will advertise their need for a roommate on the bulletin boards.

Another option is subsidized housing that Indigenous students can apply for. There may be long waiting lists so it is good to apply as soon as possible. Be aware of housing that is too far from the university or that has very poor living conditions.  

Thousands of students will be looking to live near the U of M each Fall so it is best to have your housing situation settled by mid summer—before the mandatory two week Summer Orientation starts!

Please contact Kristen, the Indigenous Student Advisor with any housing questions at (204) 474-8098. 

Housing Links

On Campus - See Residences & Deposit required

Rent Assist - https://www.gov.mb.ca/fs/eia/rent_assist.html

Manitoba Housing - http://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/mh/progs/renters.html

Rent Canada - http://www.rentcanada.com/

Winnipeg Free Press Classified Ads http://marketplace.winnipegfreepress.com/

Kijiji - http://www.kijiji.ca/

Winnipeg Rental Network http://www.winnipegrentnet.ca/

Guide to Winnipeg for Aboriginal Manitobans - https://www.gov.mb.ca/cyo/MobilePages/partnersforcareers/housing.html (click link for Aboriginal Housing listings)