Bursaries are distributed mainly on the basis of financial need (as assessed by Financial Aid & Awards). Bursary applications are available in mid-August each year through the Aurora Student portal.
Students who meet the Basic Criteria above should follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your contact information is current in Aurora Student.
2. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, apply for a Canada Student Loan.
3. The University of Manitoba online general bursary application is available through Aurora Student, via the Student Awards and Financial Aid tab.
4. To be considered for bursaries available exclusively for Engineering undergraduate students and that have an application, you must complete the Financial Aid & Awards online form AND the applications through the Engineering Awards site. Please note that most Engineering bursaries do not require an Engineering application. All students who have completed a general bursary application and meet the criteria for bursaries that do not require application will be automatically considered.
5. For bursaries with an application, please follow this procedure:
6. Check your eligibility for Special Bursaries, listed at step 4 when completing the general bursary application in Aurora. These special bursaries require a separate application to the general and Faculty bursaries.
7. Check the Financial Aid and Awards resource page for even more, Awards Requiring Application admistered by Financial Aid and Awards, outside of the Aurora Student portal.
8. Check your eligibility for External Awards & Scholarships . There are a variety of awards offered by organizations and groups outside of the University of Manitoba, which offer bursaries and scholarships to aid students taking post secondary education.
9. Financial Aid & Awards will notify you (usually by early November) of your success and will request that you accept or deny the award before it will be loaded onto your account. Once you have done this, it is recommended that you send a note of thanks to the donor; Financial Aid & Awards can provide contact information, as required.
If you are short of funds and require emergency support to pay tuition, food or living expenses, please complete the Emergency Loan Application or call the Financial Aid & Awards Office (204) 474-9531.
Last updated: September 18, 2017
For more information regarding undergraduate awards, please contact:
Sheila Lapinski (Smith)
Awards & Data Coordinator
Phone: (204) 474-7506
E-Mail | E1-284 EITC