The following shall be members of the Guide Committee:
- dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies (chair, non-voting, except to break ties);
- associate deans, Faculty of Graduate Studies;
- one (1) member from the Office of Student Advocacy (selected by the Office of Student Advocacy);
- five (5) members selected by the Executive Committee of the Faculty of Graduate Studies;
- the coordinator of the Master's Program at Université de Saint-Boniface;
- one (1) graduate student selected by the Graduate Students' Association.
Terms of Members
The terms of members of the Academic Guide Committee shall be as follows:
- members in categories ‘c’ to ‘e’ shall have a three (3) year term commencing July 1 of the year of selection; the terms of these members shall be staggered such that one-third of the committee shall be replace/reappointed each year;
- the graduate student member shall have a one (1) year commencing July 1 of the year of selection; the graduate student member shall be eligible for reappointment.
- The dean (or designate) shall call and preside at all meetings of the Academic Guide Committee;
- the Academic Guide Committee shall normally meet monthly, except in July, August, and December;
- the quorum shall be fifty percent of the members plus one; and
- a staff person appointed by the dean shall be the secretary (non-voting) of the Academic Guide Committee.
Powers and Duties
Subject to the powers and duties of Faculty Council, the Academic Guide Committee shall:
- review, draft as required, and recommend revisions to the Academic Guide (Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures); and
- review and recommend relevant component(s) of a unit’s supplemental regulations that contravene minimum requirements of the Faculty of Graduate Studies’ Academic Guide.