Internationally Educated Engineers

In the Price Faculty of Engineering, we use the term "internationally educated engineers" to refer to men and women who:

  • hold an engineering degree from a university outside of Canada,
  • generally have extensive engineering work experience from outside of Canada,
  • have recently immigrated to Canada, and
  • wish to continue their engineering career and seek professional licensure with APEGM in Manitoba.


You may also hear internationally educated engineers referred to as international engineering graduates (IEGs), immigrant engineers, or foreign-trained engineers.

The Price Faculty of Engineering offers programs to facilitate a pathway for internationally educated engineers to be considered academically qualified by the APEGM by taking upper-level Engineering courses through our Faculty. To find out more about these options, explore the links on the left.