Information Technologist 2
Centre for Earth Observation Science
Supervisor: Claire Herbert
B.Sc. University of Manitoba: Computer Science
- Work as part of the CanWIN team in data transformation and uploading into PostgresSQL or similar database platform.
- Work with CanWIN team to implement data warehouse in PostgresSQL or MongoDB. -Supports the CanWin team to migrate data to CCADI research data integration (RDI) platform appropriate formats.
- Assist the Senior Web Developer with upgrading CanWIN platform UI.
- Assist the Senior Web Developer with the implementation of schema.org into CKAN and CanWIN architecture.
- Assist the Senior Web Developer with implementation of metadata standards such as Datacite 4.2 into the CanWIN architecture and database.
- Assist the Senior Web Developer with routine maintenance of the platform, including upgrading all Linux/Unix environments.
- Work as part of the CCADI technical team to implement metadata and data programs and specifications.
- Work with CCADI team for acquiring, validating, storing, protecting, and processing required data to ensure the accessibility, reliability, and timeliness of the data for CanWIN users.
- Develop and builds instrument specific ETL pipelines for data transformation.
-Contributes to producing data, technical and methods and reports (e.g. Cookbooks) in a programming language such as LaTeX.
- Consult with other staff/faculty at CEOS to ensure standardized data collection methods.
- Provide analytical support (Python/MatLab/R).
- Participate in meetings with the CCADI technical team (http://ccadi.ca/
), and in close collaborate with them, work towards the development of data interoperability.
467 Wallace Building
University of Manitoba