Revision Date: July, 2007
Classification: Food Service Distributor
Hay Point Range:
CHARACTER OF THE JOB
The Food Service Distributor, under general supervision of the Management Team, works independently in the daily planning and organizing of all food service deliveries and shipments to and from assigned locations on Campus or within City limits.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Requisitions food and supplies from approved suppliers authorized by the Executive Chef and/or Management Team. Ensures and verifies that the goods received are the correct goods invoiced and in the proper quantities, weights and qualitative condition as ordered. Inspects quality of goods received as per contracted and quoted prices. Responsible for the security of all storage and loading areas at all times.
· Operates various delivery vehicles used as required.
· Uses assigned communication technology (radio, etc.) to communicate with and receive instructions from the Management Team as required to execute the needs of the Food Services Department.
· Assists in the loading and unloading of delivery vehicles at the building loading dock. Fills and ships food and supply requisitions received from other campus food service outlets.
· Ensures adequate food and related supplies are in sufficient supply to meet menu requirements. Ensures all orders are received and shipped on time as per the operational demands and/or schedules.
· Responsible for the correct assembly, retrieval, receiving, delivery and shipping of catering and general orders as instructed by the Management Team.
· Performs minor maintenance on vehicle such as fluid checks, tire pressure, lights operation and daily visual inspections; reports deficiencies and repairs required to Management.
· Performs other duties characteristic of the classification.
· Practices and ensures safe food handling including proper storage and temperature storage. Ensures accurate product rotation at all times for all products.
· Arranges the daily truck dispatch of all food service deliveries.
· Physically counts and records weekly inventories.
The minimum qualifications necessary for satisfactory job Performance are:
Level of Formal Education Required
· High School graduate.
· Valid Class 4 Manitoba Driver’s License.
Minimum three years of directly related experience in a product management position with similar volumes and timeframe structure.
Skills and Abilities
· Must demonstrate effective verbal and written skills.
· Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills required.
Standing/walking most of the time. Repetitive work and motions; awkward positions and lifting up to 50kg.
This class specification is intended to illustrate the characteristics of this classification level and should not be interpreted as a description of any one individual position within this classification.