Types of International Agreements

Articulation Agreements

Faculty Exchange Agreement - Describes the respective commitments by faculty units to enable movement of faculty members between two institutions. Will commonly provide details on funding available, travel costs, provision of accommodation or research facilities, salary/remuneration, reporting, and possible areas of responsibility while on exchange.

Internship Agreement (description to come)

Memorandum of Understanding* (MOU) – An agreement between institutions which is often the first step toward institutional collaboration. An MOU spells out mutual expectations and identifies possible areas of collaboration, such as faculty and student exchanges, joint conferences or research, without committing to specific activities.

*Please note that the University of Manitoba only signs MOUs where legally necessary or when accompanied by a supplemental agreement(s) which is in active use.

Partnership Conference Agreement - Describes the respective responsibilities between institutions that are working in cooperation to hold a joint conference on a regular basis (annually, biennially, semi-annually, etc).

Placement Agreement (description to come)

Post Graduate Training Agreement - Describes the terms and conditions by which it is possible for students who have graduated from an approved program abroad are allowed to come to Manitoba to complete their post graduate medical (residency) training.

Program Service Provider Agreement - Describes the terms and conditions by which the University of Manitoba will provide a specialized program of service for a stated purpose.

Research & Development Collaboration Agreement - An agreement between institutions used to develop research and development collaboration in a specific area including the terms and conditions of collaboration. All Research and development agreements are finalized through the Office of Research Services.

Student Exchange Agreement (SEA) - Allows for a reciprocal and balanced movement of students to and from the University of Manitoba. Students pay tuition fees to their home institutions for courses taken while on exchange and may study at the host institution for up to a maximum of one academic year.

Tri-Council Funding – The International Centre works in collaboration with the Office of Research Services if/when specific international mobility activities require our expertise.

For information on Getting Started with an agreement visit the Initiate New Agreement page.