Why this program?
In this one-day program, you will join other professionals for a hands-on immersion into the art and science of strategic decision-making.
With a series of cases, hands-on scenarios, and facilitated discussions to bridge theory and practice, you will learn to:
- Better synthesize data and stakeholder input to formulate better, more comprehensive strategic questions
- Manage participative decision-making process to take advantage of collective intelligence and avoid 'groupthink'
- Use evidence-based techniques to avoid common psychological "decision traps"
- More effectively identify and mitigate risks and 'blind spots' in decision-making
- Present decisions and seek input in ways that builds stakeholders' commitment and buy-in
Who should attend?
Ideal for managers and executives from all functional areas involved in strategic decision-making.
Lukas Neville, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba
Lukas is an assistant professor at the Asper School of Business where he teaches in the B.Comm, MBA, and Executive Education programs. His teaching has been recognized with the University of Manitoba Merit Award, The Reg Litz MBA Luminary Teaching Award, an Associates' Achievement Award and the Golden Shovel.
Lukas holds a Ph.D. from the Smith School of Business at Queen's University. Lukas' teaching and research focuses on how organizations and teams can develop and repair trust and manage conflict. His research has been published in a range of academic journals in the fields of organizational behaviour, psychology, and conflict management. Lukas has taught on negotiation, conflict management, and leadership to executive education audiences, both in open-enrolment courses and custom programs. He has offered workshops for organizations in a range of industries, including insurance, retail, telecommunications and health care.
Do you have 10 or more team members who would benefit from taking this program? Many of our open enrolment programs can be customized for your team and delivered exclusively to your organization. Find out more about our custom programs by contacting us today at 204-946-0232 or via email at ExecEdInfo@umanitoba.ca.