KPER 3100, KPER 3460, KPER 3470, KIN 3510 and KPER 3512, plus additional required courses for your program*
Athletic Therapy: KIN 3160, KIN 3330, KIN 3332, KIN 3400, KIN 3912 and KIN 3914, plus standard first aid and HCP level CPR.
To do this year:
- Meet with a academic advisor in the Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management for program approval.
- Apply for the Supervised Fieldwork Experience and attend the Fieldwork Experience Tradeshow (if applicable).
Investigate your career options:
- Look at sample job postings to ensure you have the qualifications upon graduation.
- Develop employability and essential skills sought by employers.
- Explore supports available to entrepreneurs for business planning such as the Business Start Program.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to network with professionals.
Consider continuing your studies: check out the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Extended Education or professional programs at the U of M.
VOLUNTEER & WORK EXPERIENCE
Continue or start research: participate in the Undergraduate Research Poster Competition.
Check out student job opportunities with: Active Living Centre, the City of Winnipeg and Mini U.
Search for job opportunities online: check out usports.ca, csep.ca, sirc.ca, mata.mb.ca, athletictherapy.org, sportmanitoba.ca and other job posting sites.
Use your networks and connections: inquire about unadvertised job openings (the "hidden job market").
Did you travel abroad? Become an exchange mentor for the International Student Mentorship Program, join the exchange student community at the University of Manitoba or write an article about your experience.
Participate in the multicultural opportunities on campus: participate in the Intercultural Development and Leadership Program, volunteer for the Children Rising Mentorship Program or take part in the Graduation Pow Wow.