FOOD 3010, FOOD 4150, FOOD 4160 and MKT 2210
Science: BIOE 3530, FOOD 3210 and FOOD 4250, plus electives
Business: ABIZ 2510, ECON 2010 and ECON 2020, FOOD 4500, plus electives
To do this year:
- Apply for the Food Industry Practicum or pre-selection to the MPP program, if applicable.
- Considering a professional program? Refer to the Applicant Information Bulletin to familiarize yourself with the pre-professional requirements.
Investigate your career options:
- Look at sample job postings to ensure you have the qualifications upon graduation.
- Develop employability and essential skills sought by employers.
- Explore supports available to entrepreneurs for business development such as the federal-provincial Growing Forward 2 initiative.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to network with professionals.
Consider continuing your studies: check out the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Extended Education or other professional programs.
VOLUNTEER & WORK EXPERIENCE
Continue or start research: participate in the Undergraduate Research Poster Competition and consider taking HNSC 4210 (Senior Thesis) or HNSC 4122 (Research Project) in year 4.
Check out student job opportunities with: Mini U, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, personal care homes and food service industries.
Search for job opportunities online: check out AgCareers.com, Job Bank, Indeed or other search engines.
Use your networks and connections: Inquire about unadvertised job openings (the "hidden job market").
Did you travel abroad? Become an exchange mentor for the International Student Mentorship Program, join the exchange student community at the University of Manitoba or write an article about your experience.
Participate in the multicultural opportunities on campus: attend International Week, participate in the Intercultural Development and Leadership Program or take part in the Graduation Pow Wow.