UM Annual Career Fair
Tuesday, January 17, 2023 | 2 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, January 18, 2023 | 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
UMSU University Centre
65 Chancellor's Circle
The Annual Career Fair at the University of Manitoba is co-hosted by Career Services, the Asper School of Business Career Development Centre and is returning in-person January 2023. The last time this fair was in-person, in 2020, more than 100 exhibitors participated and over 2800 students and alumni entered the career fair over the two-day event.
Students and alumni
Are you looking to connect with employers and investigate potential opportunities? Are you looking for a summer, part-time or full-time job? Do you want to learn more about graduate and certificate programs?
JOIN us for the 2023 Career Fair!
Students, mark your calendars and plan to attend this annual January event.
- Expand your understanding of industries, companies and how your education and experience connects to opportunities
- Increase your understanding of the knowledge, skills and attributes employers look for in future employees
- Learn about employment opportunities: full-time, part-time, co-op and summer positions
- Discover graduate and certificate programs that will provide you with specialized knowledge and increase the potential for career advancement
- Open to all University of Manitoba students and alumni
BMO Bank of Montreal Student Tuition Contest (the “Contest”) – Official Contest Rules
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
- How to Enter - No purchase necessary. To enter, contestants must complete an e-ballot available during Career Month activities (November 2022) activities and the annual Career Fair (January 17-18, 2023) at the University of Manitoba (the “University”). The Contest starts at 8:00 AM CT, November 1, 2022 and closes with all entries received by 3:00 PM CT, January 18, 2023. The selected contestant will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical aid before being declared a winner.
- Prizes - The prize to be awarded is one (1) prize of $1,000.00 CAD (the “Prize”). The University reserves the right to make prize substitutions of equivalent value in the event of unavailability of the prize or any aspect thereof for reasons beyond the control of the University. The prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred.
- Selection of Winners - Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received, in a random draw by a representative, or designate, of Alumni Relations on January 23, 2023. Winner will be contacted by the contact information provided on the ballot. If he or she is unable to be reached in that manner within 24 hours of the draw, they will forfeit their prize and another eligible entry will be drawn. The Prize shall be mailed to the confirmed winner at the address they provide.
- Contest Closing Date - The Contest closing date is 3:00 PM, CT January 18, 2023.
- Contest Eligibility - Contestants must be 17 years of age or older, a current student enrolled at the University and a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) to participate in this contest. Contestants under the age of 18 warrant they have their parent or guardian’s consent to enter. Employees of the University, and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win this contest. Contestants who are delinquent in any indebtedness to the University in respect of any other claims, or outstanding accounts are also not eligible to win.
- Chances of Winning - The chances of winning the Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received before the contest closing date in accordance with these rules.
- Release and Waiver - Winners may be required to complete, sign, and return a declaration, release and waiver of liability in the form provided by the University within the time specified by the University, and must have abided by the Contest Rules. Failure to return the duly completed declaration, release and waiver form, if required, within the time stipulated or failure to abide by these Rules will result in disqualification and another entry will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- Decisions Final - By entering the Contest, contestants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and agree that all decisions made by the University with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by the University without notice. The University expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of contestants, in order to ensure that the contest is conducted in a fair way for all contestants and for the University.
- No Liability – The University and its employees, agents, representatives, promotional agencies and assignees shall not be responsible in any way for loss or damage arising from the use of or, bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to, the Prize awarded in this Contest or the entry by any contestant herein. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the University assumes no responsibility or liability for any risk or dangers associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes awarded as part of this contest or any liability associated with or arising from online or electronic entries, and expressly disclaims liability from loss or damage to a contestant's, or any other person’s, computer system or other hardware resulting from participating in the contest and for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website.
- Entries belong to the University - All entries become the property of the University and will not be returned.
- Lost Entries - The University is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or delayed entries.
- Consent to Use and Personal Information - By entering the contest, contestants consent to the use and publication of their name, photograph, voice or statements in connection with the contest or any subsequent similar contest held by the University, without payment or compensation other than the chance to win the prize awarded. The personal information obtained from the contest entry form will not be used or disclosed by the University for any purpose other than general contest administration and the purpose set forth herein.
- Applicable Laws - This contest is subject to all applicable, federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- Cancellations, Suspensions or Modifications - The University may, in its discretion, cancel, suspend or modify this Contest, without liability to anyone whatsoever. If this is an online contest and for any reason the online portion is not capable of being completed as planned, including but not limited to computer lines, bugs, tampering, technical failures or other causes beyond its control, the University reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the online portion of the contest.
- Email Addresses - In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the person who was assigned the email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question at the time of entry.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted - The University is not responsible for any errors whatsoever in the Contest Rules or promotion of the Contest, including without limitation any printing, distribution or production errors and may, in its discretion, withdraw this contest if it is found to contain any such error, without liability to anyone whatsoever.
Prepare for the UM Career Fair
Register for career fair prep sessions, resume and cover letter workshops and more offered by Career Services.
Thank you to the supporters of the UM Career Fair.
Information for Exhibitors
Benefits of being an exhibitor
- Connect with students and alumni from all faculties and programs at the University of Manitoba eager to learn about your organization and potential employment opportunities.
- Market your organization to thousands of qualified students and alumni at this high-profile event and increase your brand awareness among the student body.
- Recruit students and alumni for full-time, part-time and summer positions or volunteer opportunities.
- Educate students and alumni on the knowledge, skills and attributes you look for as an employer.
- Register for the UM Career Fair and find the right people for your organization.
Registration is now open!
We welcome you to take a moment to review the resources below and complete the registration webform. Exhibitors will receive an automated email from the system outlining their selection upon submission. Exhibitors will then receive a confirmation of registration email within 2-3 business days, confirming receipt of the registration webform and outlining next steps. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Zachary LeClerc, Career Fair Coordinator by phone at 204-474-8284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also register your organization on UMCONNECT to receive notices about upcoming events.