MATH 3132, MECH 3170, MECH 3420, MECH 3430, MECH 3460, MECH 3482, MECH 3492, MECH 3502, MECH 3542, MECH 3982 and MECH 3992, one technical elective course and one complimentary elective course
To do this year:
- Meet with a department advisor for program approval.
- Discuss your program with your professors and industry professionals for advice regarding the best choice of technical electives for your needs.
- Meet with your co-op advisor, if applicable.
Investigate your career options:
- Identify gaps in experience and fill them through volunteering, work placements or internships.
- Reflect on your classroom learning and identify skills that can be transferred to the workplace.
- Explore supports available to entrepreneurs for business planning such as World Trade Centre Winnipeg and Stu Clark Centre for Entrepreneurship.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to network with professionals.
Consider continuing your studies: check out the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Extended Education or other academic institutions.
VOLUNTEER & WORK EXPERIENCE
Continue or start research: participate in the Undergraduate Research Poster Competition or an international internship through the International Engineering Programs Office.
Check out student job opportunities with: the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba Hydro and WISE Kid-Netic Energy.
Search for job opportunities online: check out Eco Canada, Science.ca, Job Bank, Find My Job, Indeed or other search engines.
Use your networks and connections: inquire about unadvertised job openings (the "hidden job market").
Did you travel abroad? Become an exchange mentor for the International Student Mentorship Program, join the exchange student community at the University of Manitoba or speak or write an article about your experience.
Participate in the multicultural opportunities on campus: join the Intercultural Development and Leadership Program or take part in Graduation Pow Wow.