ECE 3540, ECE 3580, ECE 3590, ECE 3600, ECE 3670, ECE 3720, ECE 3730, ECE 3780 and ECE 4260, STAT 2220 and an elective
To do this year:
- Meet with a academic advisor to review your program.
- Consider a technical focus area to guide your electives.
- Discuss your program with your professors and industry professionals to obtain advice regarding the best choice of technical electives for your needs.
- Meet with your co-op advisor, if applicable.
Investigate your career options:
- Identify gaps in experience and fill them through volunteering, work placements or internships.
- Reflect on your classroom learning and identify skills that can be transferred to the workplace.
- Explore supports available to entrepreneurs for business planning such as Business InfoCentre.
- Create a LinkedIn profile to network with professionals.
Consider continuing your studies: check out the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Extended Education or other academic institutions.
VOLUNTEER & WORK EXPERIENCE
Continue or start research: participate in the Undergraduate Research Poster Competition or an international internship through the International Engineering Programs Office.
Check out student job opportunities with: the City of Winnipeg, Mad Science, Manitoba Hydro and WISE Kid-Netic Energy.
Search for job opportunities online: check out Science.ca, Job Bank, Find My Job, Indeed or other search engines.
Use your networks and connections: inquire about unadvertised job openings (the "hidden job market").
Did you travel abroad? Become an exchange mentor for the International Student Mentorship Program, join the exchange student community at the University of Manitoba or write an article about your experience.
Participate in the multicultural opportunities on campus: participate in the Intercultural Development and Leadership Program, volunteer for the Children Rising Mentorship Program or take part in Graduation Pow Wow.